Dos Santos, the current champion, and Velasquez are scheduled to meet at the end of 2012. Overeem, who is suspended until right around the time of UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II, would meet the winner in early 2013, according to UFC president Dana White.
Overeem (36-11) was set to face dos Santos before a pre-fight drug test came back with elevated levels of testosterone. He was unable to receive his fight license from the Nevada Athletic Commission, and cannot re-apply until late in December.
- Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones
- TUF 16 Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Matt Hughes: "Looks Like I’m Fully Retired"
- Vinny Magalhaes Asks For Phil Davis Bout
- Shane Carwin's Manager Has Doubts About VADA
- Jake Ellenberger Tops Fighter Salaries For UFC On FX 5
- Jake Shields' Win Over Ed Herman Changed To No-Contest Due To Failed Test
- Roy Nelson Offered To Fight Dana White
- Jon Jones Refers To Daniel Cormier As "Relatively Unknown"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.