Overeem is currently suspended due to a failed pre-fight drug test. He is eligible to seek his license late this December, but told MMA Uncensored recently that he is planning on appearing before NAC to seek his fight license sooner.
"We're gonna go in front of the commission sooner, with the argument of good behavior," Overeem said. "We have been doing random tests on our own, and these were all witnessed by an independent doctor. I think we will get a license sooner, maybe a conditional license, where I'd have to appear and do some random tests."
Overeem added that he plans to appear before the commission later this month, though he said, "nothing is confirmed."
The UFC has mentioned having dos Santos fight again in late December, on the annual New Year's weekend card. Cain Velasquez, a former champion in the division, has also been mentioned as a possible foe for "Cigano."
- Jon Jones Talks About Upcoming Fight With Dan Henderson
- Jared Hamman Defends Decision To Continue Fighting At UFC 150
- Video: Ronda Rousey "Disguises" Herself To Try And Win Sarah Kaufman's Ticket Giveaway
- Anderson Silva Plans To Sit Out Remainder Of 2012
- Yushin Okami Ready To “Climb To The Top Again” After Victory
- Dennis Bermudez Shows Off His Chin Of Steel
- People Overlooking Dan Henderson Are "Crazy," Says Dana White
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.