Former Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem and Antonio Silva are on tap to face each other at UFC 156: Aldo Vs. Edgar, according to a report by the Las Vegas Review-Journal. The card goes down February 2 from Las Vegas.
Overeem is currently suspended, but is set to appear in front of the Nevada Athletic Commission on December 27. He has not fought since defeated Brock Lesnar last year.
Overeem would likely move into a title shot with a victory over "Bigfoot."
- Alistair Overeem-Antonio Silva Targeted For UFC 156
- Pair Of UFC Events Receive Venues
- Tom DeBlass Retires From MMA Following Recent Loss
- Jessica Eye's Plan To Defeat Zoila Gurgel And "Be Considered A Champion"
- Bellator Swaps Upcoming Tournament Final Dates
- Vinicius Queiroz's Manager Blames Referee Call Over Recent Loss
- Nike Contract Confirmed For UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior Dos Santos
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.