Former UFC heavyweight No. 1 contender Alistair Overeem took to Twitter recently to try and help clear his name after recent issues regarding a previous drug test. Overeem was pulled from a planned bout with Junior dos Santos for the UFC heavyweight title after failing a drug test and eventually being denied his fight license.
"I'm doing a drug test to build confidence with the Nevada State Athletic Commission and because I respect and appreciate the UFC," Overeem posted. "And to let Junior know I am a clean fighter. I'm all natural Junior and I am coming for you."
Overeem has been making a push to be on the UFC's annual New Year's Eve card, as his suspension would end on December 27 and he could seek his fight license. Dos Santos, who went on to defeat Frank Mir, has stated he does not believe Overeem deserves a title shot right now.
- Super Fight League Inks Jeff Monson, Sokoudjou, Others To Contracts
- Josh Thomson Eying Summer Return To The Cage
- "UFC 147: Silva Vs. Franklin 2" Attendance
- "UFC 147: Silva Vs. Franklin 2" Fight Night Bonuses
- Rich Franklin Spoils Wanderlei Silva's Brazilian Homecoming
- UFC 147: Wanderlei Silva Vs. Rich Franklin
- Cezar Ferreira Earns Middleweight "TUF: Brazil" Crown
- UFC 147: Cezar Ferreira Vs. Sergio Moraes
- Rony Mariano Bezerra Becomes First "TUF: Brazil" Champion
- UFC 147: Godofredo Pepey Vs. Rony Jason
- Fabricio Werdum Crushes Mike Russow In His Return To Brazil
- UFC 147: Fabricio Werdum Vs. Mike Russow
- UFC 147: Yuri Alcantara Vs. Hacran Dias
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.