To prepare for his next fight, Carlos Augusto Filho (6-0) has been training with the Blackzilians. When it pertains to striking, his training time with UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem (36-11-1) has shown him a much different fighter than he expected.
"He surprised me," said Filho on TATAME. "He is really good on the stand-up. I thought he had a more basic work of knees but after I trained with the guy I could tell how good, high level and smart at striking he is. They said Hollanders are good at striking and he's been proving that to be true. And it's really hard taking him down. Sometimes you take him down but he knows how to fight on the ground too."
With the possibility of a Junior dos Santos (15-1) and Overeem fight in the future, Filho would have to give the nod to the Hollander based on the striking he has seen.
"He has really good boxing, kicks and is even more complete than Cigano," said Filho. "If [dos Santos] goes there only trying to use boxing, he will get caught and it will be easy for."
- Lyoto Machida Open To Fighting Again Before Championship Shot
- Miguel Torres Opts For World Series Of Fighting Bout Instead Of Titan FC Show
- Greg Jackson Agreed It Was Time For Kyle Noke To Drop Weight Classes
- Alan Belcher On Injury Setbacks, Wants Chris Weidman Upon Return
- Jose Aldo "Very Happy" To Be Facing Frankie Edgar
- Paul Bradley And Charlie Brenneman Trade Jabs On Twitter
- Urijah Faber Hoping To Return Before 2012 Ends
- Special Offer For DirecTV Customers To Receive Next Six UFC PPVs
- Carlos Condit Embracing Role Of Super-Fight Spoiler
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.