Bellator officials continue to stack the first few Spike TV cards with championship matches, as Alexander Shlemenko will face Maiquel Falcao to crown a new Bellator middleweight champion. The bout will take place February 7 from Duluth, Georgia.
The title was vacated when Hector Lombard signed with the UFC. Shlemenko (46-7) captured a second Bellator middleweight tournament title in 2011 and is riding a nine-fight win streak.
Falcao (31-4) also won a Bellator middleweight tourney title, picking up his earlier this year with a decision victory over Andreas Spang. He has won four straight.
"Shlemenko vs. Falcao is a spectacular world title fight," said Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney. "If you like fights, this one has fight of the year written all over it."
- Georges St-Pierre Not Thinking About Retirement At All Right Now
- TUF Winner Colton Smith Targets Potential Move To Lightweight
- Jamie Varner Disappointed He Didn't Get To Face Melvin Guillard This Weekend
- Daniel Cormier To Join Fuel TV Coverage For UFC 155
- Ryan Couture Wonders If The UFC Wants Him On Their Roster
- Andrei Arlovski Returns To Russia For The First Time In A Decade
- GSP Credits Benson Henderson With Blueprint To Defeating A Diaz Brother
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.