Alexander Gustafsson (14-1) knows that defeating Maurício "Shogun" Rua (21-6) won't be easy, as he's facing a former light heavyweight champion.
"He's willing to take a beating to get what he wants," said Gustafsson of Rua on Fuel TV. "He has good knockout power and the best opponent so far. I'll be ready for five rounds."
Rua is 3-3 in his past six fights. Gustafsson is 6-1 for the UFC and has won five in row with his spring victory this year.
The two will meet in the co-main event of UFC on FOX 5 from Seattle's KeyArena. The December 8 fight has been rumored to be a title eliminator one.
Gustafsson hopes to challenge for the light heavyweight title soon if he wins his upcoming fight. Current champion Jon Jones (17-1) is currently scheduled to defend his belt against Chael Sonnen in April.
"I want to fight the champ after this fight," said Gustafsson. "That's what I want to do. My focus is on Shogun 100 percent. But when I win the fight, I want to fight for the belt."
- Lavar Johnson: "I Don't Really Bark, I Just Bite"
- Dustin Poirier: Nothing's For Sure In MMA 'til The Cage Is Locked
- Dana White To UFC On Fox 5 Fighters: Please, Stay Healthy
- Nick Diaz, Not Johny Hendricks, Is GSP's No. 1 Contender, Says Trainer
- Che Mills-Matt Riddle On Deck For UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Anderson Silva At 170 Pounds? Coach Says It Would Be A "Crime"
- ONE FC And GLORY Strike Deal, Additional DREAM Championship Fight Mentioned
- Lorenz Larkin: Luke Rockhold Signed To Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.