Alan Belcher can earn his fourth straight victory later this month when he steps inside the Octagon with Yushin Okami at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II. For "The Talent," having a strong conclusion to 2012 would allow him to build towards his ultimate goal in 2013.
"I want to go on a roll and stay busy and really be involved in the sport, and be in front of the fans fighting as much as possible," said Belcher, during a recent interview with MMAMania.com. "I'm not going to put a number on (how many fights I want), I just want to fight the best guys and I want to get my fights signed."
Belcher 18-6) has battled injuries, including a fractured spine that knocked him out of a planned fight this past October. Belcher said he is healed and ready for Okami, a former contender in the UFC's middleweight division.
Since falling to Yoshihiro Akiyama in 2009, Belcher had stopped Wilson Gouveia, Patrick Cote, Jason MacDonald and Rousimar Palhares.
- Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva To Headline UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Diego Sanchez Confirms He Is Fighting Takanori Gomi At UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Georges St-Pierre Vs. Nick Diaz Close To Being Finalized For UFC 158
- Edwin Figueroa-Francisco Rivera Set For UFC 156
- UFC On Fox 5 Official Attendance, Live Gate Figures Announced
- Cub Swanson-Dennis Siver Added To UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Bellator 83 Ratings Bomb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.