After Akira Corassani (9-3-1 NC) failed to win TUF and was sidelined twice with injuries, he looks to compete in his first official UFC fight when the company heads to England.
Corassani lost in the semifinals on the TUF and was forced out of two following fights due to injury.
"It's been a while since I've been in action, but I'm back," said Corassani. "I don't want to go into [the injuries] – it would be not so smart to reveal stuff. The first injury was a dislocated foot. The second one was other stuff. But I'm healed up, and I'm ready to go."
Both Corassani and his opponent Andy Ogle (8-1) will be making their UFC debut at UFC on FUEL TV 5 on September 29.
Corassani last official fight was in early 2011 where he lost. Ogle hasn't fought since late 2011 and is on a seven fight win streak.
"I train hard – I train with an insane level of martial artists," said Corassani. "I train with professional MMA fighters at the highest level. I've fought [this fight with Ogle] every day."
- Strikeforce Adds Pair Of Bouts To September Event
- Three New Matches Announced For UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot
- Jay Hieron Had No Second Thoughts About Taking Jake Ellenberger Match At UFC 151
- Tim Sylvia Believes He Would Defeat Daniel Cormier
- Shogun Rua On Brandon Vera Fight: "I Know I Could’ve Been More Prepared"
- Cody McKenzie Already Calls Out Frankie Edgar For His Featherweight Debut
- Ed Soares Says Anderson Silva Has "Never Turned Down A Fight"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.