I thought that Texas was going to lose first round to Oakland, but only because I believed that Oakland was extremely underrated. Oakland ended up putting up a good fight, but lost 85-81 to the Longhorns. Fast forward to the round of 32, and Texas went down in a heart breaker to the Arizona Wildcats. Now with their minds off of the Tournament, some of Texas’ best players have a decision to make regarding the draft. Here are some players who went pro from Texas, who the current players may approach to ask for advice.
- A.J. Abrams – Keith Glass. Signed with Scaligera Basket Verona in Italy.
- LaMarcus Aldridge – Arn Tellem (Wasserman Media Group)
- D.J. Augustin – Thad Foucher (Wasserman Media Group)
- Kevin Durant – Aaron Goodwin (Goodwin Sports Management)
- T.J. Ford – Arn Tellem (Wasserman Media Group)
- Daniel Gibson – Andy Miller (ASM Sports)
- P.J. Tucker – Andre Buck (ISM)
Wasserman Media Group certainly sticks out amongst the crowd, and I have heard that Texas star Sophomore Jordan Hamilton is leading in their direction. He is not the only potential first rounder in the 2011 NBA Draft. If Freshman Tristan Thompson decides to leave, he could also be a fairly early selection. Texas is a scary team if both players come back, but it is unlikely that either stick around Austin no matter what is being said at this point in time.