Jimmer Fredette is to BYU as Kemba Walker is to the University of Connecticut. UConn has advanced to the Sweet 16 and fans should be thanking Kemba for the 33 points he contributed to the team in its battle against the University of Cincinnati on Saturday night. Next up for UConn is San Diego State University, which has a very limited alumni base who have made it in professional basketball. Here are some of the more recent UConn players who have achieved at the next level, along with their agents of record.
- Jeff Adrien – Aaron Mintz (Priority Sports)
- Ray Allen – James Tanner (Williams & Connolly)
- Hilton Armstrong – Jeff Schwartz (Excel Sports Management)
- Josh Boone – Robert Fayne
- Caron Butler – Raymond Brothers
- Rudy Gay – Lance Young (Octagon)
- Ben Gordon - Raymond Brothers
- Richard Hamilton – Leon Rose (Creative Artists Agency)
- Donyell Marshall – Andy Miller (ASM Sports)
- Emeka Okafor - Jeff Schwartz (Excel Sports Management)
- Kevin Ollie – Bill Neff (Saga Sports)
- A.J. Price - Jeff Schwartz (Excel Sports Management)
- Hasheem Thabeet – Ugo Udezue (BDA Sports)
- Charlie Villanueva - Jeff Schwartz (Excel Sports Management)
Jeff Schwartz is keyed in at Connecticut. Other than Schwartz, it looks like Raymond Brothers has some nice pull at UConn. But if I had to place a bet on which agent Kemba Walker will be picking, I would put my money on Schwartz. Walker is a guaranteed lottery pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, and I cannot see the Junior coming back for his Senior year. Alex Oriakhi is a talented 6’9 power forward on the current UConn squad, but the Sophomore is still too raw to be drafted. Look for his stock to rise over the next year or two.