Aaron Rosa (17-5) will look to change gloves as he goes from MMA veteran to boxer. Rosa and his opponent, Dominique Smith, are both making their boxing debut this month.
"I had success with my standup game in MMA, and I know it will translate to pro boxing," said Rosa.
They will compete for Standing 8 Promotions "Mid-Cities Mayhem" in a four round heavyweight fight that takes place on the undercard.
Rosa made his Strikeforce debut after dropping to a light heavyweight in 2009. He would make one appearance at Bellator, Shark Fights and then Titan Fighting Championships before debuting for the UFC in 2011. He was 1-2 under the UFC's name before being cut after a first round loss in March of this year.
The boxing contest takes place November 30 from the Hurst Conference Center in Texas.
- Lorenz Larkin's Manager Not Happy With Luke Rockhold
- Invicta FC 4 Card Released: Strawweight Champion To Be Crowned
- MFC To Crown New Lightweight Champion
- Rory MacDonald Has Future Encounter With Carlos Condit On His Mind
- Luke Rockhold Still Injured, Off January Strikeforce Card
- Dana White Disappointed About Strikeforce
- Johny Hendricks Has No Doubt Who He Wants Next
- X-Gym Trainer Knows Jon Jones' Weakness
- UFC Took Care Of Fabio Maldonado For Accepting Glover Teixeira Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.