Ryan Jimmo made people forget about all those decision wins of his for at least one night. Jimmo scored a record-tying seven-second knockout victory over Anthony Perosh on the prelim portion of UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao from his native country of Canada Saturday.
Here is a complete review of the fight, as posted by FightLine on Saturday:
Light heavyweights Anthony Perosh (13-6) and Ryan Jimmo (16-1) compete in our next match. The referee will be Josh Rosenthal.
Round 1: Well, for all those that said Ryan Jimmo fights are bathroom breaks, you just got proved wrong. Jimmo stormed out, delivered a huge right hand that floored Perosh and this one is over. Perosh's mouth was left open, and Jimmo celebrated much to the delight of the Canadian fans. The unofficial time is seven seconds, tying Duane Ludwig's record-setting KO in terms of quickest ever.
Ryan Jimmo def. Anthony Perosh va KO (strikes) at :07 of round one
During the post-fight press conference, Jimmo said, "Yeah, I guess (I did just send a big (expletive) you to all the haters). It looks more impressive, I think, because I used to be so boring, so all the better."
And, for those that prefer to see it with their own eyes, courtesy of FOX Sports is the knockout:
- Dana White Asked Quinton "Rampage" Jackson To "Honor" Contract
- Chael Sonnen Down For "War Of Words" With WWE Superstar The Rock
- Alan Belcher Gives Us An Update On His Next Fight
- Benson Henderson Gives Us His Three Rules To Fighting
- Heavyweights Rob Broughton, Matt Mitrione Off UFC On FOX 4
- Bjorn Rebney Doesn't Believe Ben Askren Is Boring
- Tim Kennedy Vs. Roger Gracie? Former Military Man Says Yes
- Jamie Varner Excited For Opportunity Presented To Him At UFC On FOX 4
- "Life Changed A Lot" Says Renan Barao In Regards To Being A UFC Champion
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline