UFC 147 is now in the books, having gone down last night at the Mineirinho Stadium in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
Saturday night's fight night bonuses were handed out in the amount of $65,000 to the evening's superlative fighters.
Marcos Vinicius took home Knockout of the Night for his comeback win over Wagner Campos on the Facebook-aired portion of the preliminary card. Vinicius rallied from a two round deficit with a mean barrage of strikes in the third round that backed Campos up and eventually put him out on his feet. The fight marked Vinicius' UFC debut.
Also making his debut in the UFC, Rodrigo Damm bounced back from a two-fight losing streak and earned Submission of the Night honors all at once with a first-round rear naked choke victory over Anistavio Medeiros.
Finally, main event competitors Rich Franklin and Wanderlei Silva battled back and forth for five rounds to earn Fight of the Night. Both men had their moments, but it was Franklin who dictated the majority of the fight to earn a unanimous decision over Silva.
For full results from the fight, click here.
- Jose Aldo Vs. Erik Koch Planned For "UFC 153" In Rio
- Maruicio “Shogun” Rua Describes Glover Teixeira Situation In His Own Words
- Showtime GM Says UFC Programming On Their Channel A Possibility
- Rich Franklin Hoping For One Final Title Run In The UFC
- Retirement The Right Call, Says Fedor Emelianenko
- Fired Up Anderson Silva Goes Medieval, Says He'll Break "Criminal" Sonnen's Limbs
- Dana White Critical Of Performances By "TUF: Brazil" Fighters At "UFC 147"
- Wanderlei Silva Will Have To Wait Longer For Rematch With Vitor Belfort
- Date For Junior Dos Santos Vs. Cain Velasquez II Unknown