No NBA games yesterday as the league had their last day off from the All-Star break. A little bit of news came out:
The NBA has reached a tentative deal with Sacramento to keep the Kings in town for the long haul thanks to a proposed $387 million new arena (most of which is being paid for by the city of course). It’s great news for Kings’ fans in Sacramento, if any actually existed.
Spencer Hawes is going to miss at least two more weeks with that strained left Achilles, an injury that has already kept him out nearly all of the past month. Unless you are preparing for your league’s playoffs at this point, I wouldn’t be sitting on Hawes waiting for his return. Who knows what type of shape he’s going to be in when (if) he gets back on the court this season.
A couple of signings that won’t have any fantasy impact: The Blazers are bringing back Joel the Vanilla Gorilla Przybilla for one more run, while the Nets signed high flying Gerald Green to a 10-day contract. Both will provide depth at their respective positions, but the most interesting part of the Przybilla story is that the Blazers decided to waive second year guard Armon Johnson to make room for Przybilla rather than Greg Oden.
And Kobe Bryant not only has a broken nose thanks to a Dwyane Wade hard foul during the All-Star game, but a CT scan revealed that he also has a minor concussion as well. The Lakers don’t play until Wednesday, but who are we kidding, even if Kobe was decapitated by Wade on Sunday, he still would have found a way to play this week.
Other Stuff Like This:
- Day 71 of 170: Hornets and Bobcats and Thunder! Oh My! (4)
- Day 64 of 124: West All-Stars Win, Few Players Hurt (8)
- Day 60 of 124: Where Stephen Curry Can’t Catch a Break (21)
- Day 36 of 124: Kobe Bryant Passes Kareem (37)
- First Month Report Card: Top 20 Shooting Guards in Fantasy Basketball (10)
- First Month Report Card: Top 20 Centers in Fantasy Basketball (9)
- GMTR Podcast #25: The Kobe System (28)