The NBA has just released the complete line-ups for the 2011 NBA All-Star Game in Los Angeles and it's a bit of a shocker.
Before I share my thoughts, here are the complete line-ups:
- Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers (G)
- Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets (G)
- Yao Ming, Houston Rockets (C)*
- Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets (F)
- Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder (F)
- Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers (F)
- Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks (F)
- Manu Ginobili, San Antonio Spurs (G)
- Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs (G)
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder (G)
- Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers (F)
- Deron Williams, Utah Jazz (G)
* - Will be replaced due to injury
- Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls (G)
- Dwayne Wade, Miami Heat (G)
- Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic (C)
- LeBron James, Miami Heat (F)
- Amare Stoudemire, New York Knicks (F)
- Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics (F)
- Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics (G)
- Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics (F)
- Ray Allen, Boston Celtics (G)
- Joe Johnson, Atlanta Hawks (G)
- Al Horford, Atlanta Hawks (F/C)
- Chris Bosh, Miami Heat (F)
Compared to last year, I got a lower success rate in predicting the All-Star line-ups. Out of the 24, I got 18 right. (Last year, I correctly predicted 21). One thing to note is that Yao Ming will be replaced. Hopefully Lamar Odom will get the nod.
Over-all, the selection of the NBA coaches raises a lot of questions:
- Tim Duncan, who is a having a career-low year, gets the selected over Tony Parker
- Blake Griffin, who is playing on a crappy team, gets selected. Monta Ellis and Kevin Love must be fuming right now.
- The Boston Celtics have four All-Stars. What a complete joke.
- The coaches have snubbed the play of Zach Randolph and LaMarcus Aldridge.
- Chris Bosh is an All-Star. I'd rather get drop-kicked in the gut by a Mexican midget wrestler than see Chris "Like a Bosh" Bosh selected, to be honest.
I'm very disappointed by this year's selections, but the coaches have made their final say. Us fans will just rant.
Technorati: 2011 NBA All-Same Gtar