- I am so impressed with the composure that Bengals QB Andy Dalton shows from week to week. He is so far ahead of the curve in how he handles himself on the field, it’s like he’s been doing it for years. He is a definite Fantasy starter come 2012.
- The NFL really needs to re-evaluate the breaking the plane for a TD rule: Bengals TE Jermaine Gresham clearly had control of the ball as he crossed the goal line.
- Welcome back to the NFL, RB Kevin Smith. He is a definite pick up on all waiver wires this week. BTW if you read the Operating Table a few weeks ago, you would have known that Dr. Roto told you to get him on your roster
- Don’t sleep on Bears new QB Caleb Hanie. He has a good arm and is very athletic. He may surprise people in desperate need of a QB down the stretch.
- It was hard to tell that Lions QB Matthew Stafford had an injured finger against the Panthers. As the season moves forward, he should be fine so long as the weather doesn’t hurt his grip. The only potential rough patch on the Lions’ schedule is Week 17 at Green Bay.
- The Dallas Cowboys have two pretty winnable games coming up at home until their season is decided from Weeks 14-17. QB Tony Romo must finally shed his reputation as Mr. November and step up to lead the team. Additionally, the Cowboys need to figure out how they will integrate their DeMarco Murray-Felix Jones backfield.
- If I have to give the award for the Fantasy Bust of the Year, Rams QB Sam Bradford is pretty high on my list. He is still young enough to improve, but he looks lost right now and OC Josh McDaniels is obviously not a good fit in St. Louis.
- The 49ers could lose the rest of their games this season and I would still vote for Jim Harbaugh for NFL Coach of the Year. What he has done for QB Alex Smith is nothing short of miraculous.
- I cannot believe that Chargers coach Norv Turner has not be fired yet. Stay classy, San Diego and hope that Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden likes the sun and surf.
- If Packers WR Greg Jennings is out for any length of time, look for rookie WR Randall Cobb to get some more targets. He is a terrific young player and QB Aaron Rodgers is not afraid to go to him in a big spot.
- Giants RB Brandon Jacobs has worn out his welcome in New York. Look for him to emerge as a backup somewhere (Oakland?) next year. D.J. Ware has earned the shot to be the full-time backup to Ahmad Bradshaw.
The Doctor is out…
The Sunday morning host of ESPN’s @RotoExperts Fantasy Football GameDay, Dr. Roto is a Fantasy Sports Writer & On Air Personality. A subject of a UPN newscast for guiding numerous Fantasy Sports participants to league titles, Dr. Roto has answered over 10,000 Fantasy MLB, NFL and NBA questions over the past two decades. You can also listen to Dr. Roto on Sirius XM Fantasy Sports Radio with Scott Engel and the morning crew every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, at 10am ET. You may email Dr. Roto directly @ email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @DrRoto