It appears that the country of Brazil did tune in to see country here Anderson Silva defend his UFC middleweight title against Chael Sonnen. The Brazilian news source, Tatame, has reported that 19 million people watched the tape-delayed show on Globo TV.
Globo TV aired the fight on a tape-delayed agreement with the UFC. The numbers reflect only the ratings of the tape-delayed free broadcast.
The UFC pay-per-view numbers are expected to be announced later, as no estimates are released. UFC president Dana White has mentioned they expect the number to surpass one million.
- Chael Sonnen Opens Up About Loss To Silva, Retirement Talk
- UFC On FUEL TV: Munoz Vs. Weidman Weigh-In Results
- Nate Marquardt Plans To Make Tyron Woodley "Stutter" After Knocking Him Out
- Chris Weidman Feeling Great Heading Into Fight With Mark Munoz
- Report Out Of Brazil Says UFC 148 Was Watched By 19 Million
- Edson Barboza In The Final Four For ESPY Play Of The Year
- Rashad Evans Has "No Plans To Drop To 185," Says His Manager
- Frank Mir Doesn't Think Alistair Overeem Should Lose His Spot In Order
- Ronda Rousey To Grace Cover Of ESPN The Magazine: Body Issue (Photo)
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.