Salt is not a new thing or something you are unfamiliar with. We all use salt to add flavor to our foods and dishes. However, the benefits you can derive from salt go far beyond the kitchen uses. For instance, salt can be used to remove stains, to get rid of musty odors, and to keep ants away.
Although some smart people are already taking advantage of salt outside the kitchen, one uncommon benefit that many people don't know about salt is the benefits this seasoning has on our hair and scalp.
Although it might seem awkward at first to put something, you use for food inside your shampoo, sooner or later, you will reap the benefits.
Why Salt Is Good For Your Hair
•Prevents Oily Hair: Salt is just the perfect solution for you if you have oily and greasy hair. Salt can absorb the oil in your hair just like the way it absorbs and cleans any oil or grease stain. So if you are tired of your oily hair, add 2 or 3 tablespoons of salt into your shampoo, and you will see a great difference if you are consistent.
• Treats Scalp Problems Like Dandruff: Salt doesn’t allow fungal substances to grow on your scalp, hence preventing or getting rid of dandruff. You can also treat this by adding like 2-3 tablespoons of salt in your shampoo.
However, if you have a serious scalp problem, you will need to massage your scalp with salt immediately after you finish washing your hair, so your scalp can still be wet. Use at least 10-mind and make sure you massage the salt on different parts of your scalp to get great results.
• Increases The Growth Of Your Hair: everyone definitely wants a full, long, and luscious hair.
Although this doesn’t mean you'll become the next Rapunzel when you start adding salt to your shampoo, it will prevent hair loss and increase the growth of new hair.
Add like 2-3 tablespoons of salt to your shampoo, or better still massage it on different parts of your scalp to get better results.
The Kind Of Salt You Should Use For Your Hair
Now that you know the benefits of using salt for your hair, what kind of salts should you choose?
• Table Salt: This iodized seasoning that is always in your kitchen cupboard can help you to treat hair loss.
• Sea Salt: This natural salt is packed with some natural ingredients that will help you protect your scalp from fungal problems, and also nourishes your scalp.
• Epsom Salt: This type of salt can really be a great addition of ingredient already in your shampoo. It is a great way to remove excess oil and grease from your hair. You can also use it to add volume to your hair by mixing equal amount of Epsom and conditioner and allow it to sit for 20 minutes before you rinse it out.