A lot of times people lose the ability to visualize a happy future. Depression has eaten deep into their lives. The search for validation has left many high and dry and it seems to last weeks or even months. Here are a few pointers to help you identify the things you do because of depression.
1. Ever said sorry too many times? Probably for even existing.
2. What about socially awkward situations where you don't come out of that shell?
3. When talking requires too much effort and it’s easy to pretend you're invisible.
4. And then you’re lost in yourself for weeks or even months.
5. Ever required validation from other people like it were a lifeline?
6. Undue transfer of aggression to people who actually care about you.
Source: Brenboo/Tumblr via Pinterest
7. Always trying hard to hide it and seem like the happy person everyone thinks you are.
8. And then you lose interest in basic things. Literally.
9. You cancel plans that you were interested in so you can wallow in self-pity.
10. Always too lazy to get out of bed? Go to bed early and wake up late?
11. When you can’t stand yourself and the thoughts that sift through your mind.
12. When you cry for no reason and are basically inconsolable.
13. Now the excessive drinking. Is it a cry for help?
Source: Frida Kahlo/Pinterest
14. Are you easily irritated? Basically flip between emotions and constant mood swings?
15. When you’re constantly tired, probably from waking up every day to the thoughts you went to bed fighting.