His blog, Former Fundy, is a treasure trove of scholarly work examining Christian attempts to explain and justify the penal substitution theory of the atonement, and he was writing a book on the subject.
- Does Penal Substitiutionary Theory Make Sense?
- Against Penal Substitutionary Theory, Round 2
- Penal Substitutionary Theory and the Trinity
- John Hare’s Attempt to Justify Penal Substitutionary Theory
- Is the Bible Clear on How Someone Can Be “Saved”?
- Mark Murphy’s Alternative to Penal Substitutionary Theory
- Why Philosophical Theology Fails
I miss him already, though surely not as much as his wife Cheryl does.