Barron Trump made a rare appearance at the White House on March 17.
The 10-year-old was seen strolling across the White House lawn with his mom and dad, Melania and Donald Trump, reports Inquisitr.
Appearing much taller than when last seen in public, he accompanied his parents to the Marine One helicopter, which took them to their Mar-a-Lago home in Florida. President Trump has visited Mar-a-Lago almost every weekend since being elected, leading to it being christened by some as the "Florida White House."
Barron and his mother have been living at Trump Tower in New York City ever since Donald Trump moved into the White House.
Soon after confirming his own plans to live in the White House, President Trump explained the decision: “Barron's going to finish up school because he's got just a couple of months to go so it's a little hard to take him out of school," he told CNN. "And Melania will be back and forth the that first couple of months.”
At the time, a spokesperson for Trump's transition team said: "No official statement has been released by the Trump family regarding transition timing, but like any parents they are concerned about pulling their 10-year-old son out of school in the middle of the year. We would also appreciate the same privacy and security considerations given to previous First Families with regard to minor children be extended to the Trumps as well."
But since then, there been much speculation whether or not the president's wife and youngest son would be moving to the White House at all.
In February, US Weekly reported quoted a family insider who said that President Trump and the First Lady have not made any decisions about their future living arrangments. "They will reevaluate toward the end of the school year if they will keep this arrangement or if Melania and Barron will move to Washington. They could go either way right now. They will ultimately do what's best for Barron."
But now TMZ is reporting that Melania and Barron will be definintely be moving into the White House in June.
Barron's previous media exposure has been largely negative, especially after his apparent inability to pay attention during his father's inauguration. The most notable critique came from Saturday Night Live writer Katie Rich. "Barron will be this country's first homeschool shooter," she joked. Rich was suspended for her remark, after which she tweeted the following apology: "I sincerely apologize for the insensitive tweet. I deeply regret my actions and offensive words. It ws inexcusable & I'm so sorry."
Even an award-winning photo of Barron during Inauguration Day cast him in a less than posiive light. The photo shows him staring blankly out the window of First Family's limosine as it drove down Pennsylvania Avenue, as reported by the website Reporting The Pictures. The photo, simply entitled "BARRON," won an award sponsored by the White House News Photographers Association.