“President Obama tried Wednesday to channel public outrage about the Gulf of Mexico oil spill into support for a climate-change bill, seeking to redefine an issue that threatens to tarnish his presidency,” according to the Washington Post.
I’ve written on how absolutely anything, and I do mean anything, can and has been used to show the ill impact of global warming, including:
Brain-eating amoebae, brothels struggle, cannibalism, circumcision in decline, Earth to explode, earth upside down, football team migration, Garden of Eden wilts, invasion of king crabs, Italy robbed of pasta, killer cornflakes, Loch Ness monster dead, mammoth dung melt, opera house to be destroyed, seals mating more, spiders invade Scotland, squid larger, squid tamed, UFO sightings, Vampire moths, violin decline, witchcraft executions.
Now it appears absolutely anything can be used as an excuse to pass climate change legislation. I think we should all help our president by coming up with even more reasons! I’ll start it off and you can send your contributions, which I can then post and subsequently hand deliver to our Chief Executive. The best will probably be those that relate in some way specifically to Obama.
- The pet dog, Bo, piddled the carpet in the Oval office.
- “Those idiot birthers just won’t quit!”
- “30 Rock” last night was a rerun.
- Obama saw a cloud formation that looked just like global warming.
- His organic bread turned green overnight. (No, wait! That happened to me!)
- “Those damned “v1agra” and “V!agra” emails are getting through the spam filter.
- Michelle had “a headache” last night.
- To honor veterans of the Seminole Indian War.
- Obama had the strangest dream in which cute little bunnies became man-eating snails.
- They’ve released another DVD edition of The Wizard of Oz.