Fox News' Megan Kelly has accused President-elect Donald Trump of calling her up "screaming" and "threatened" her before the presidential debate she moderated.
Kelly, who hosts "The Kelly File" on Fox News, told Dr. Phil in an interview that this is the "first time" she has told this story since the incident took place.
According to CNN, Trump was angry that Kelly had previously interviewed Harry Hunt, the author of "Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump," in which Hunt says that Trump's ex-wife, Ivana, had accused her ex-husband of raping her. She made the accusation in a sworn deposition during the couple's divorce, but later said that the allegation was not true.
"Trump was not happy with that interview, " Kelly said, CNN reports. "He wasn't happy that I put the reporter on the show and four days before the presidential debate."
She continued, "He called me up and threatened me and made very clear to me that he was extremely displeased. I told him flat-out, 'Mr. Trump, I'm sorry that you are unhappy, but you don't control the editorial on the Kelly File.' And that was it: He started screaming at me; he hung-up the phone... and the next time we met was that Thursday night."
Kelly did not say exactly how Trump threatened her or what he said. At the debate in August 2015, she asked a question directed at Trump about his history of calling women names such as "dog" and "pig."
For months following the first debate, Trump publicly attacked Kelly on Twitter and in interviews. He said of her performance at the debate, "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever."
In an interview with USA Today, Kelly said that her feud with Trump continued until April, when the two met in his office in Trump Tower.
"Trump and I are in a better place now," she told USA Today. "We left things on a good note. He's never come after me the way he had. ... Even though he held onto his anger toward me like a dog with a bone, he does have the ability to let things go. He proved that."