Skip to main content

Gingrich And Giuliani Gun For Jobs In A Trump WH

As the country nears election day, three anonymous advisors to GOP nominee Donald Trump’s presidential campaign have spilled the beans on who is being considered for top positions in the business mogul’s potential administration.

On Nov. 7 the advisers, who had requested anonymity, told NBC News that several campaign surrogates who have been stumping for the business mogul throughout the general election are being eyed for top cabinet positions.

Former Republican Mayor Rudy Giuliani of New York is being considered for attorney general, former Republican Rep. Newt Gingrich of Georgia for secretary of state and retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn for defense secretary or national security adviser.

All three men have been among the most vocal Trump surrogates on the campaign trail. In addition, Trump finance chairman Steve Mnuchin is being touted for Treasury secretary while Republican National Committee (RNC) finance chair Lew Eisenberg is being considered for commerce secretary.

Insiders say that Trump is not involving himself with the transition team, hoping not to jinx his electoral prospects by planning his administration before election day.

While Republican Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey is the official Trump campaign transition chief, his duties have been largely taken over by Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama. Trump’s running mate, Republican Gov. Mike Pence of Indiana, is also heavily involved with transition planning.

The three advisers revealed that the Trump campaign is currently considering RNC chairman Reince Priebus as the business mogul’s chief of staff. If Priebus were to step down in order to serve in a Trump administration, the GOP nominee’s former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski is being floated as a possible replacement as RNC chair.

Trump campaign chairman Steve Bannon and campaign manager Kellyanne Conway are expected to move on to new endeavors should their candidate win.

Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks shot down the speculation, responding to the speculative roster with an email stating “none of this is accurate.”

On the eve of the presidential election, there has been much speculation about who would be given key roles in a potential Trump administration.

Politico Magazine compiled a hypothetical roster of who would occupy a Trump White House. They predicted Lewandowski to serve as the business mogul’s chief of staff, Hicks as his deputy communications director, Flynn as his national security adviser and Christie as his attorney general.

But, before Trump can fill his administration with loyal staffers, he will have to win the presidential election.

FiveThirtyEight, the polling website spearheaded by statistician Nate Silver, currently gives Trump only a 31.5 percent chance of victory while Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton has a 68.5 percent chance of winning on election night.

Be sure to exercise your constitutional right to vote on Nov. 8.

Sources: FiveThirtyEightNBC News, Politico Magazine / Photo Credit: Gage Skidmore/Flickr

Popular Video