Couple Tries to Save Flat-Screen TV as Apartment Burns


Americans love their flat-screen TVs and have been known to fight each other for the gadgets on Black Friday.

A couple in St. Paul, Minn. recently took their flat-screen TV love to a new level.

The unidentified couple were hospitalized on Sunday after they tried to rescue their precious flat-screen TV from their burning basement apartment, notes

Firefighters saw the couple “disconnecting the wires to his flat-screen while the room was filling with smoke,” St. Paul Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard told the Star Tribune. “They forced them both to the door to get them to safety.”

The couple did survive and were taken to a local hospital for smoke inhalation.

"They were doing the wrong thing," added Fire Marshal Zaccard. "If you can't fight the fire, get out and call the fire department. Don't grab your belongings... They can be replaced. Your life can't be."

Firefighters did put the fire out, but no word on whether the TV was saved.

Sources: and Star Tribune


Popular Video