Preparing for its upcoming 70th anniversary of independence from Japan, North Korea has released more than 300 slogans in a campaign to express the country’s “dreams and ideals” moving forward.
While some of the slogans focus on the self-isolated country’s history, referencing past leaders Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il, other slogans state the goal to modernize their economy and schools, stating support for the idea of “more stylish school uniforms and quality school things for our dear children.”
Here is a list below of some of the more entertaining slogans:
- Let us beat the world in fruit farming by making it scientific, modern and intensive!
- Let the strong wind of fish farming blow across the country!
- Let us build a fairyland for the people by dint of science!
- Let the wives of officers become dependable assistants to their husbands!
- Let us make the whole country resound louder with the song We Are the Happiest in the World
- Let us raise the status of our country to that of a sports power at an earliest date possible!
- Let us turn ours into a country of mushrooms by making mushroom cultivation scientific, intensive and industrialized!
- Let us resolutely frustrate the anti-DPRK “human rights” schemes by the US and its vassal forces!
- Long live the great victory in the war against Japan!
- Should the enemy dare to invade our country, annihilate them to the last man so that none of them will survive to sign the instrument of surrender!
- Be constantly on the alert without a moment’s relaxation!
- Let us turn the whole country into a socialist fairyland by the joint operation of the army and the people!
With quite an ambitious list of goals, North Korea and its leader, Kim Jong-un, better start working quickly instead of killing people for watching movies.