The Higgins Group, formerly led by Mike Higgins and Derrick Powell has been acquired by Excel Sports Management. Excel Sports is a strong, growing agency that represents numerous NBA, MLB and PGA standouts. Adding Higgins and Powell to the team brings in a host of new clients and a new office in Washington D.C.
A few of Higgins’ and Powell’s bigger name clients include Ronnie Price, Nick Collison, Tony Allen, and Joel Anthony. Those gentlemen, along with other basketball players, join an already powerful basketball division at Excel Sports. Here is a partial list of Excel Sports basketball clients represented by the company prior to the acquisition of The Higgins Group:
- Blake Griffin
- Tyson Chandler
- Kevin Love
- Jason Kidd
- Al Jefferson
- Charlie Villanueva
- Emeka Okafor
- Kyle Korver
The list goes on and on. Basically, a powerhouse just got a little bit more powerful.
- Former CAA Baseball Agent Casey Close Joins Excel Sports Management
- Mark Steinberg Joins Jeff Schwartz, Casey Close At Excel Sports Management
- Michael Beasley Chooses Jeff Schwartz and Excel Sports Management
- Kemba Walker Signs With Excel Sports For Representation
- Legacy Sports Group + The Agency Sports Management = 225 Clients
This article originally appeared on the Sports Agent Blog.