Former UFC light heavyweight champions Lyoto Machida and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua have the opportunity to earn title shots with impressive wins Saturday night. Machida takes on Ryan Bader, and Rua battles Brandon Vera in the main event of UFC on Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera.
However, both men have also been mentioned several times as possible future coaching opponents on the next season of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil. That would mean a third meeting between the two fighters would happen after the show.
UFC president Dana White said during the pre-fight press conference Thursday that he hasn't thought about TUF: Brazil yet, but did say both would make excellent coaches for the show.
Rua was asked about the coaching opportunity and said, "it would be great to fight Machida again. (Coaching) the next season of TUF: Brazil would be great." He did add that he would allow that decision to be made by the UFC.
Machida had the same response, saying it would make for a great opportunity.
- Rashad Evans-Chael Sonnen? Just Maybe
- Ryan Bader Wants Redemption For TUF Incident With Lyoto Machida
- Coach For Dominick Cruz Feels Like He Will Recover 100-Percent
- Bellator 73 To Feature Title Fight, Two Tourney Finals This Month
- Video: Frankie Edgar's Series "155 Reasons" Continues With New Episode
- One Person Feels Like Retirement Is Needed For Matt Hughes, Forrest Griffin
- Jon Jones Offers Up His Take On Saturday's Light Heavyweight Bouts
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline