Matt Hamill was originally slated to face-off against Roger Hollett at UFC 152, however Hollett was forced to withdraw due to injruy. Stepping in, is long time veteran of the sport, Vladimir Matyushenko.
UFC officials made the announcement today.
The return of Matt Hamill will get a different look on September 22nd, as Roger Hollett is out and Vladimir Matyushenko is in for “The Hammer” in UFC 152 action in Toronto. Both fighters are coming off tough 2011 bouts against rising star Alexander Gustafsson and are eager to get back in the win column when they meet on Canadian soil.
Matyushenko (26-6) is coming off a loss to Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 141 back in December. The former IFL light heavyweight champion will look to improve his record and get back into the win column, as he takes on Hamill.
Hamill (10-4) is also coming off a loss to Alexander Gustafsson, which sent him into retirement. After over a years rest, “The Hammer” is set to make a mark on the light heavyweight division and that will begin at UFC 152.
UFC 152 is set to go down on September 22 at the Air Canada in Toronto, Canada.
Follow @MMASuckaJer on Twitter and Keep up with the latest news by following @MMASucka on Twitter and on Facebook
- Matt Hamill is back, fights UFC newcomer Roger Hollett at UFC 152
- UFC Reloaded: Alexander Gustafsson floors Matyushenko
- UFC 141 Medical Suspensions: Lesnar, Diaz, Matyushenko and Gamburyan Top the List
- Alexander Gustafsson: A Legitimate Contender, Very Soon!
- UFC 143 Adds Chris Cope vs. Matt Brown and Justin Edwards vs. Mike Stumpf
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at MMA Sucka.