Veronica Rothenhausler (0-0) is ready to make a name for herself in Invicta FC as women continue to populate MMA. Rothenhausler will be making her debut against Katalina Malungahu (2-1) at Invicta FC 4.
"I was reading an interview where she was predicting a first-round knockout and I think she's absolutely right," said Rothenhausler to MMA Weekly. "She didn't specify who that'd be, but I promise you that I'll be walking out of the cage with my hand up."
Rothenhausler's has had three amateur fights. Her longest fight lasted two minutes with her previous pair of wins each taking five seconds. Malungahu's perfect record ended at the last Invicta FC show when she was submitted by Ediene Gomes (9-2). The two are expected to meet on the preliminary card.
Invicta FC 4 marks the promotion's first appearance in 2013. The show takes place January 5 from the Memorial Hall in Kansas City, KS. The show streams on the promotion's website for $7.95.
- Jon Fitch Sees GSP Defeating Nick Diaz, Facing Nate Marquardt After
- Michael Bisping Reflects On Alan Belcher, Tim Boetsch Fights
- Costa Philippou Targets Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva Winner
- Bjorn Rebney Denies That Paul Daley Is Allowed To Compete For Another Promotion
- Bellator Commitment Removes Renato Sobral From Coaching On TUF: Brazil
- Video: New Promo For The Ultimate Fighter: Jones Vs. Sonnen
- UFC 155 Prelims Generate 1.4 Million Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.