The next international season of The Ultimate Fighter will feature welterweight and lightweight classes, according to a Marshall Zelaznik, the UFC's director of international development, in a report by MMAWeekly.com.
The series will pit Australia against the United Kingdom and be called "The Smashes," a play on the cricket rivalry between the two countries. When first announced, fighters between 135-and-170 pounds were called to try-out.
No coaches have been announced for the series.
- 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale' Medical Suspensions
- Three Fights Added To UFC 150 From Denver
- Video: Outtakes From Anderson Silva's Budweiser Commercial
- Chris Clements Steps In For Alves Against Bahadurzada
- Bibiano Fernandes Set To Make UFC Debut
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Fighter Payouts
- Jon Fitch Sidelined By Knee Injury
- Report: DREAM Closes Its Doors For Good
- Video: UFC Fighters Discuss Jon Jones' Recent DUI Arrest
- Joe Stevenson To Fight For Resurrection Fighting Alliance On June 30