The opening preliminary fight on Fuel TV sees welterweights TJ Waldburger (15-7) vs. Nick Catone (9-3).
Round 1: They slap hands to start the fight. Waldburger has Catone against the cage. Catone reverses and back to the center of the Octagon. Catone with a front headlock on the ground. Waldburger now has the back. He stands and wrestles this one against the cage. Catone flips him to the ground. Waldburger is able to stand. Catone grabs him and puts him against the cage again. Waldburger looking for the kimura as they go to the ground. They're battling on the ground for position as the round ends.
FightLine scores the round 10-9 for Catone
Round 2: Big high kick by Catone. Catone charges and Waldburger catches him coming in with a triangle choke on the ground. Waldburger with repeated elbows to the head and Catone can't escape as the triangle choke is locked in tight. Catone passes out.
TJ Waldburger defeated Nick Catone via submission (triangle choke) at 1:04 of round 2
- One UFC Fighter Thinks Ronda Rousey Shouldn’t Have Been Handed The Title
- Rory MacDonald On If B.J. Penn Should Retire
- Dana White: If Michael Bisping Defeats Vitor Belfort He’s Next In Line For The Title Shot
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Bonuses Handed Out, Live Gate Released
- Melvin Guillard Doesn’t Think Jamie Varner Will Be At UFC 155
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale: Roy Nelson Vs. Matt Mitrione
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale: Colton Smith Vs. Mike Ricci
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline