UFC president Dana White seemed a bit surprised when a reporter asked him about any future trips to South Africa by the UFC. That's because, as White would reveal, the promotion just recently set a course for the country.
"We've been working on India, and we're already on television there," said White Tuesday during a kickoff press conference for UFC 150. "And we're going to bring a live event there very soon. But literally, three days ago; we're about to launch a deal down in South Africa."
White mentioned there is a promotion - Extreme Fighting Championship - that has done over one million views, adding, "Actually, mixed martial arts is huge in South Africa now. The sport is booming all over the world, and South Africa is next."
- Michael Bisping Reads Texts From Chael Sonnen On 'UFC Tonight'
- Dana White On Fernandes: If He Says He Didn't Sign, He Didn't Sign
- Dan Miller On Upcoming Bout With Ricardo Funch, Drop To Welterweight
- Kenny Florian On The Former Contender’s New Career
- Bellator Announces Fights For June Card In West Virginia
- Mark Munoz Doesn't Feel Like Hector Lombard Is Near UFC Title Shot
- "UFC On FX 3" Fighter Salaries Revealed; Mike Pyle Leads The Way
- UFC Prepared To Head To South Africa Next
- "UFC On FX 3" Medical Suspensions Given To Several Fighters
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.