UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones made another appearance inside Binghamton (New York) City Court on Tuesday. "Bones" asked for, and was granted, a postponement in his sentencing on a DUI charge, according to the Binghamton Press & Sun Bulletin.
Jones will now have until July 31 to complete a drug and alcohol abuse program. He is currently undergoing sessions at a counseling facility near his home in Ithaca, New York.
Back on May 19, Jones struck a pole in the early morning hours. He escaped with only minor injuries, as did the passengers in his car with him.
Jones is scheduled to make his next title defense in September against Dan Henderson at UFC 151.
- Video: Watch The Intense Staredown Between Silva, Sonnen From Press Conference
- As Expected, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen Have Eventful Press Conference
- Tito Ortiz Talks Achieving Success Beyond MMA
- "BAP! BAP! BAP! BOOM!" Is What Anderson Silva Plans On Doing At UFC 148
- Claiming Anderson Silva Is Better Than Chael Sonnen "Is A Joke," Says Sonnen
- Patrick Cote Seeking Redemption At UFC 148 Vs. Cung Le
- Chad Mendes Says Loss To Jose Aldo Helped Him, Discusses Aldo Vs. Koch
- Johny Hendricks Says He "Cleared Out The Division," Wants Title Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.