Our first, and only, light heavyweight battle of the night is next, as Cyrille Diabate (19-8-3) faces Chad Griggs (11-2). The referee will be Philippe Chartier.
Round 1: Griggs is just bouncing all around the Octagon, and Diabate lands with a knee and a big left and floors Griggs. Diabate pounces and Griggs is able to cover up and tie Diabate up for a brief moment. Diabate is trying to move into side-control, but Griggs slips out, only to wind up on his back again. That initial shot from Diabate looked to knock Griggs out, but he was able to recover. Blood pouring from face of Griggs as Diabate continues to attack. Pair of knees to the face of Griggs, who had knee on the ground but the ref did nothing. Griggs looked at him to say something, and instead took matters into his own hands and slammed Diabate to the mat. However, Diabate remained in control, landed another knee and cinched in a rear-naked choke for the quick submission.
Cyrille Diabate def. Chad Griggs via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:24 of Round 1
- UFC 154: St-Pierre Vs. Condit Results
- Rampage Jackson Hints At Fighting Outside Of UFC
- José Aldo Medically Cleared Following Motorcycle Accident
- Greg Jackson: Nick Diaz Is A Title Threat
- Anderson Silva: I Still Want To Face Georges St-Pierre
- Georges St-Pierre Unsure If Super-Fight With Anderson Silva Is Next
- Video: "UFC 154: St-Pierre Vs. Condit" Post-Fight Press Conference
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.