According to MMAJunkie, the UFC has formally applied to hold UFC 151: Jones vs. Henderson at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.
The UFC's request is on the docket for the Nevada State Athletic Commission's scheduled meeting this Thursday. The event is targeted for September 1.
Riding a four-fight winning streak, Henderson was awarded the shot after waging war with Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 139 this past November and taking home a unanimous decision win.
The only other bout currently rumored for the event is a featherweight contest between Dennis Siver and Eddie Yagin.
- White On Injury Plague: "These Guys Need To Tone It Down"
- Michael Bisping Goes Under The Knife On Wednesday
- Check Out Rebellion Radio Tonight
- "TUF: Brazil" Debuts Tonight On FUEL TV
- Dana White "Disgusted" By Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley Decision
- Separated Shoulder Forced Brian Stann To The Sidelines
- Jose Aldo Latest Injury Victim; Faber-Barao Moved To "UFC 149"
- Video: UFC On FX 3 Highlights
- Report: UFC Officially Applies For "UFC 151: Jones Vs. Henderson"
- B.J. Penn Vs. Rory MacDonald Targeted For UFC 152
- Paul Daley Allowed Release From Strikeforce
- "UFC On FX: Johnson Vs. McCall" Gate And Attendance
- GSP-Condit, Hendricks-Kampmann On Track For "UFC 154"