Roy Nelson is known for his free-spirit and fun-loving attitude. This Saturday night, at UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir, Nelson will try to inflict as much pain and punishment on Dave Herman as possible.
For Nelson, though, it isn't all just about strikes, kicks and takedowns when he steps inside the Octagon. "Big Country" considers himself an entertainer first.
"Record-wise, it's one of those things, where if we had no time limits like back in the Gracie days, I'd win all of them," said Nelson, during the recent pre-fight press conference. "In our sport, it's definitely entertainment first. If we weren't selling ratings, we wouldn't be on TV."
While Nelson is coming off a loss to Fabricio Werdum, he went the distance with the Brazilian jiu-jitsu master. Many have felt that Nelson is the fighter who needs a win the most Saturday, but that doesn't concern the former Ultimate Fighter winner.
"It all depends on who you're asking," Nelson said. "As long as fans as happy, it doesn't really matter (if I win or lose)."
- "Bellator 70" Official With Weigh-Ins Complete
- No Current Plans To Try Olympic Boxing, Says Junior Dos Santos
- Roy Nelson Not Concerned With Win-Loss Record, Just Having Fun
- Final Numbers Official For "Strikeforce: Barnett Vs. Cormier" Attendance
- Heavyweight Champ Junior Dos Santos: “I Can Knock Anyone Out.”
- "UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir" Pre-Fight Press Conference Notes
- Video: "Countdown To UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir"
- Quick Shots: Bellator 70 Tomorrow, UFC 147 & UFC On Fuel Tix On Sale Today, Couture's New Movie
- Live Video Of The UFC 146 Pre-Fight Press Conference Today At 2 PM ET
- Alex Caceres To Return At "UFC On FUEL TV 4" Vs. Damacio Page
- Breaking An Arm Not On Frank Mir's Mind Ahead Of "UFC 146"
- Jason “Mayhem” Miller: “I Am Looking Past CB Dollaway!”
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.