Saturday night's blockbuster UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans event pulled in an audience of 15,545 to the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia for a live gate of 2.3 million.
The aggressively hyped main event played out more like a chess match, with each fighter showing the other a great deal of respect. In the end, Jones was able to make Evans fight his fight and he took home the unanimous decision victory for it. The win extended the 24-year-old's string of title defenses to three straight.
Saturday night's fight night bonuses were awarded to Travis Browne (Submission of the Night) for his arm triangle finish of Chad Griggs, Ben Rothwell (Knockout of the Night) for his comeback knockout over Brendan Schaub, as well as Eddie Yagin and Mark Hominick (Fight of the Night) for their three round battle.
For full results from Saturday night's event, click here.
- Roy Nelson Gets Gabriel Gonzaga For Heavyweight Battle At "UFC 146"
- Video: Bob Sapp Goes Down Again
- Dos Santos Heavy Favorite Over Mir At UFC 146
- UFC 147 Special Announcement Presser Tomorrow
- Silva-Sonnen Rematch May Not Be In Brazil, Announcement Shortly
- Ratings Roundup: UFC 145 Primetime And TUF: Live Episode 7
- "Bellator 66: Aoki Vs. Alvarez" Fighter Salaries
- Video: Wanderlei Silva UFC 147 Video Blog
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Medical Suspensions
- OAC Hands Down Punishment To Andreas Spang For Post-Bellator 66 Fight
- "TUF: Brazil" Episode 5 Recap
- Alistair Overeem Releases Statement On Elevated Levels Of Testosterone
- Video: "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Fighters Marcus Brimage, Maximo Blanco Have Tumble-Off
- Junior Dos Santos Gives Jon Jones Props For His Victory Over Rashad Evans
- Cain Velasquez To Face Antonio Silva At UFC 146
- Brock Lesnar's Decision To Return To WWE Fine With UFC Boss
- Change In Opponent Hasn't Changed Junior Dos Santos' Plans: KO Finish
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.