Ryan Bader could have said no. Instead, the former Ultimate Fighter winner agreed to meet Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at a catch weight in the co-main event of UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson.
Jackson came in at 211 pounds, five over the limit for the UFC's light heavyweight division. Bader will receive 20 percent of Jackson's purse due to the missed weight.
"I'm not going to sit and dwell about it," said Bader, in an interview with FUEL TV after the weigh-in special. "I came all the way to Japan, I didn't come here to question somebody and go home. I came here to fight and to fight 'Rampage,' so that's what we're gonna do."
Bader added that he talked it over with his team following news of Jackson's missed weight, but he never really thought about not meeting the former UFC light heavyweight champion inside the Octagon. Bader is coming off a knockout victory over Jason Brilz that snapped a two-fight losing streak.
"You question, did he really take it that seriously?" Bader said. "I'll look back and see if he ever missed weight before. I don't know if he has. But it kind of puts that in my mind. I want this. Does he?"
- UFC Veteran Joe Stevenson Signs With Nebraska Fight Promotion
- Rampage Talks Missing Weight, "Smacking" Rich Franklin
- "UFC 144: Edgar Vs. Henderson" Weigh-In Results
- "UFC 144: Edgar Vs. Henderson" Previews And Predictions
- Video: Big Country Does Japan
- Ben Henderson Pumped Up, But Not Distracted By Fighting In Japan
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.