The World Series of Fighting (WSOF) has decided to add an additional fight to the main card for their inaugural show.
In a media conference call today it was confirmed that veteran kickboxer Tyrone Spong (0-0) will now make his MMA debut against fellow light heavyweight Travis Bartlett (7-2).
Spong spent 11 years as a professional kickboxer with a 68-6-1 record and earned several titles along the way. He won in his last kickboxing fight in June. Bartlett will be making his return to action for the first time in two years. Before his hiatus, he was on a five fight win streak. All of his victories have come via knockout within two rounds.
The show is headlined with heavyweight action as Andrei Arlovski (17-9-1 NC) takes on Devin Cole (20-9-1). The main card is set with five fights and the preliminary with six.
WSOF 1 will air November 3 from the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. The first show will air for free on the NBC Sports Network.
- Luiz Cane Cut From UFC Following Recent Loss
- Anthony Pettis' Trainer Hopeful For Quick Return To Action
- Report: Jose Aldo-Frankie Edgar Targeted For UFC 156
- Video: "UFC Tonight" Hosts Special Trivia Challenge
- Michael Johnson-Myles Jury Added To UFC 155
- Jeff Blatnick, MMA Judge, Dies Following Heart Surgery
- Anthony "Rumble" Johnson: World Series Of Fighting Was "The Best Choice For Me"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.