Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz knows a little something about competing inside the Octagon. The recently retired fighter was asked to give his take on Saturday's UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort main event between Jon Jones and Vitor Belfort.
Jones will be attempting to inch one step closer to tying the record for most successful title defenses in the 205-pound division. That mark is currently held by Ortiz at five.
Belfort, meanwhile, is a former UFC champion who offered up his services when others declined to face Jones. He will be competing at light heavyweight for the first time in years.
"This is the biggest chance of Vitor's entire career," Ortiz said. "This is everything to him as far as his legacy - this is the biggest opportunity anyone from our generation in the UFC ever had. If he wins this fight, and beats the best young champion to come along in years, then Vitor is an all-time legend and this goes down as one of the most significant wins of all time. It's that big."
Ortiz believes Jones has the edge the longer the bout goes, adding, "Vitor has to get this done in the first two rounds. He can't give Jones time to settle. Vitor has to land before Jones has his timing down."
- Video: UFC Offers Up 'Thank You' To Fans
- Chael Sonnen Favors Brian Stann Over Michael Bisping
- Tito Ortiz Discusses Jon Jones-Vitor Belfort Bout
- Fuel TV Running Special Viewer's Choice Week For UFC
- Ratings Come In For TUF 16: Carwin Vs. Nelson
- Inaugural ONE FC Lightweight Championship Fight Announced
- Brian Stann - No Doubt In His Mind He's Being Overlooked
- Sarah Kaufman Out Of Invicta FC Debut
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline