It appears UFC newcomer Tim Elliott will step right into the fire, as Elliott will replace Darren Uyenoyama and face John Dodson at UFC on Fox: Diaz vs. Miller. The card takes place May 5 from East Rutherford, New Jersey.
Elliott's signing was first reported by MMAjunkie.com, with the fighter taking over for Uyenoyama on the UFC's official website. After starting his MMA career 0-2-1, Elliott has won eight straight, including a victory over Jens Pulver via knockout.
Dodson (12-5) won his UFC debut and is a former winner of The Ultimate Fighter, stopping T.J. Dillashaw in the finals. The fight is expected to be part of the FUEL TV-televised prelim card.
- Video: Dramatic Come-From-Behind Win At Australian MMA Event
- BJ Penn And Jens Pulver Predict UFC 145 Winner
- UFC On FUEL TV 2 Medical Suspensions
- Roland Delorme In For Injured Johnny Bedford At UFC On FOX 3
- Chael Sonnen Comes To Alistair Overeem's Defense
- Shinya Aoki Has No Regrets About Breaking Bones, Set To Meet Eddie Alvarez Friday Night
- Recently Released Alexis Vila Targets Spot In UFC's Flyweight Division
- Video: "Countdown To UFC 145" Complete Episode
- Video: Rashad Evans Interview
- Chuck Liddell Calls Jones-Evans Odds "Ridiculous"
- "UFC 144: Edgar Vs. Henderson" Drug Test Results
- Overeem's Team Has Explanation For Test. Ratio, But It's Not TRT
- "UFC On FUEL TV 2: Gustafsson Vs. Silva" Ratings
- Video: Rashad Evans, "Georgia On My Mind"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.