According to a report by MMAjunkie.com, fighters set to compete on this Saturday's now cancelled Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy event will be compensated. The decision to cancel the card was made after Showtime said they would not air it minus Gilbert Melendez.
Melendez, the Strikeforce lightweight champion, was expected to face Pat Healy. "El Nino" suffered an injury in training that forced him out.
The report failed to specify an exact amount to be paid to each fighter, but said they will receive their contracted "show" money.
Zuffa has yet to say anything official in regards to this report.
- Phil Baroni Not A Supporter Of TRT Usage
- Danny Castillo Thinks He Can Bring Michael Johnson To The Ground
- Lyoto Machida: Jon Jones Showed He Is Championship Material By Not Tapping Out
- Strikeforce: Melendez Vs. Healy Fighters To Be Paid By Zuffa
- Cain Velasquez On Lesson Learned From Loss To Junior Dos Santos
- Winning Bellator's Season 7 Welterweight Tournament Means Everything To Nordine Taleb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.