Strikeforce officials are starting to fill up the next fight card, adding more bouts recently. Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Cormier takes place May 19 from the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California.
The main card, which features the finals in the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix and a title defense by Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez, will be televised by Showtime. The prelims will be broadcast on Showtime Extreme.
Bouts announced by Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker include Billy Evangelista against James Terry, and Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg.
Evangelista (11-2) has won seven of his nine Strikeforce bouts, but is coming off a losses to Jorge Masvidal and K.J. Noons. Terry (11-4) is 6-3 with the promotion, but is also coming off a loss at the hands of Nah-Shon Burrell.
Cavalcante (16-4-1) regained momentum lost with a no-contest against Justin Wilcox by defeating Bobby Green. Vallie-Flagg (12-3-1) won his Strikeforce debut over Brian Melancon and is 9-0-1 in his last 10 fights.
- Frank Mir Ready And Willing To Step In For Alistair Overeem To Face Junior Dos Santos
- Dana White "So (Expletive) Mad Right Now" Regarding Overeem's Failed Drug Test
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Interested In Another Fight With Lyoto Machida
- Alistair Overeem Fails Pre-Fight Drug Test
- Video: Brock Lesnar Returns To WWE On Monday Night RAW
- John Olav Einemo Announces His Retirement
- Chael Sonnen Returns With Another Edition Of "Chael's Corner" On "UFC Tonight"
- Video: Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson Talks About His UFC Debut, Upcoming Bout At "UFC 145"
- Newcomer Tom DeBlass Set To Meet Cyrille Diabate At "UFC On FUEL TV 2"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.