Steven Seagal offered up his take on what went down Saturday night in the main event of UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II, as his "student" Anderson Silva defended his UFC middleweight title over Chael Sonnen. "The Spider" scored a second round victory by stopping Sonnen in Las Vegas.
"Happy as I could possibly be," said Seagal, in an interview on the post-fight show on FUEL TV. "That's my guy. He's a wonderful athlete, a wonderful martial artist, a great attitude. We worked hard for this."
Seagal, who has been the focal point of several movies during his acting career, said the plan was to allow Sonnen to use a lot of his energy in the first, giving Silva time to wait and explode in the later rounds. He also said he didn't believe the knee delivered by Silva was illegal, "but I gotta look at the tape."
You can view the entire interview in the player below:
- Mark Munoz Will Call For Shot At Anderson Silva With Win Over Chris Weidman
- Coach For Chael Sonnen Will Not Appeal Loss, Wants Fans To Push For Third Match
- Chael Sonnen Headed To The Back Of Middleweight Line
- UFC 148 Medical Suspensions For Several Fighters Including Sonnen, Griffin
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson To Face Glover Teixeira At UFC 153
- Russia The Next Target For The UFC's Global Conquest
- Forrest Griffin Tops UFC 148 Salaries
- Dana White Not Too Happy With Griffin's Antics At UFC 148
- Trainer Believes Chael Sonnen Has Fought His Last Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.