UFC female bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey was selected No. 65 on Sports Illustrated's list of memorable sports moments from the past year.
Rousey's selection was made because, "She's the biggest rising star in women's mixed martial arts, if not the sport as a whole," the article stated.
Rousey joined the likes of LeBron James, Usain Bolt and others on the list. She was also featured in ESPN The Magazine's The Body Issue and has received numerous awards and made several television spots since exploding on the scene.
As for fighting, Rousey will return to action in February when he defends her belt against Liz Carmouche in the main event of UFC 157: Rousey Vs. Carmouche from Anaheim, California.
- Documentary On Evan Tanner To Air This Month
- Stefan Struve On Where He Stands In The Heavyweight Division
- Greg Jackson's Opinion Of Chael Sonnen
- Dany Lauzon, Brother Of UFC Fighter Joe Lauzon, Signs With World Series Of Fighting
- TUF Winner Jonathan Brookins Leaving MMA, Headed To India To Learn "Other Things"
- Ed Herman Heading To Strikeforce, Will Face Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza In January
- Strikeforce Confirms January Will Be Final Event On Showtime
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.