A pair of scheduled UFC 151 lightweight bouts have been shifted to UFC On FX: Browne vs. Bigfoot. Shane Roller vs. Jacob Volkmann, and Michael Johnson vs. Danny Castillo, will now take place on the October card.
Both fights were set for the prelims of UFC 151 before the event was cancelled on Thursday. The UFC has been working all day to find new homes for the scheduled fights.
Roller (11-6) has gone just 1-3 in his last four fights, but did defeat John Alessio earlier this year. Volkmann (14-3) had his five-fight win streak snapped by Paul Sass this past May.
Johnson (11-6) is on a two-fight win streak and sports a record of 3-2 since joining the UFC in 2010. He was a finalist on The Ultimate Fighter. Castillo (14-4) has earned three consecutive victories and is 6-1 in his last seven appearances.
- Ken Shamrock Accused Of Assaulting A Woman
- Joe Rogan Feels The Older The Fighter The Better
- Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot, Jon Jones Gets New Opponent For UFC 152
- Jon Jones Finally Makes His First Public Statements Since UFC 151 Cancellation
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Draws Over 3,500
- Joe Lauzon Does His Best To Sum Up The Entire Jon Jones-UFC 151 Drama
- Lightweights Shane Roller-Jacob Volkmann, Michael Johnson-Danny Castillo Moved To October
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.