Seth Baczynski tried to calm himself down as he walked to the Octagon Saturday night at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort. After the two prelim bouts before his fight with Simeon Thoresen ended in quick fashion, Baczynski wanted to make sure he was focused on going the full three rounds if necessary.
Instead, Baczynski finished Thoresen with less than a minute to go in the first, dropping him with a left hook. Baczynski (17-6) has now won six-straight fights and is 4-1 in the UFC.
"I was so amped up," Baczynski said. "I had trouble getting off early."
Baczynski was getting tagged by Thoresen (17-3-1) in the opening few minutes, but saw and opening and took it, landing the hook.
- Chael Sonnen Says Jon Jones Is "Next"
- Dana White Calls Spike TV The Worst Channel
- Greg Jackson Was Concerned When Vitor Belfort Locked In The Armbar
- Vladimir Matyushenko Rips Matt Hamill - Roger Hollett Fight
- Cub Swanson Awaits José Aldo Rematch
- UFC Not Happy With How Bellator Handles Contracts
- Dana White Says Georges St-Pierre Is The Top UFC PPV Attraction, Talks Silva Vs. GSP
- Brian Stann Surprised By Decision Loss To Michael Bisping
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline