Ryan Bader was asked a question during Thursday's pre-fight press conference for UFC on Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera that got an interesting answer. It seems that during his time on The Ultimate Fighter, Bader was placed in a demonstration with his opponent Saturday night, Lyoto Machida.
"Lyoto was demonstrating a move, he checked a kick, came under and swept my leg, knocking me on my back," Bader said. "I was a little upset because I had a fight in just a few weeks. So, he had me do it again, and I thought there was no way he'll sweep me again. But, again, he sweeps me to my back; it was all in fun."
Bader went on to win the season title of TUF. Machida, from his own knowledge said he didn't remember the incident but did see a shining star in Bader during the show.
"First time I saw Ryan Bader I thought he was a great athlete, worked very hard and trained very serious there," Machida said. "I believed (he could be a top contender)."
Bader and Machida will each have an opportunity to secure a future UFC light heavyweight title shot by earning a convincing victory over the other Saturday night.
- Rashad Evans-Chael Sonnen? Just Maybe
- Ryan Bader Wants Redemption For TUF Incident With Lyoto Machida
- Coach For Dominick Cruz Feels Like He Will Recover 100-Percent
- Bellator 73 To Feature Title Fight, Two Tourney Finals This Month
- Video: Frankie Edgar's Series "155 Reasons" Continues With New Episode
- One Person Feels Like Retirement Is Needed For Matt Hughes, Forrest Griffin
- Jon Jones Offers Up His Take On Saturday's Light Heavyweight Bouts
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline